If you are considering making a change with your registration software, make sure it fits your department needs. There are several software-as-a-service (SaaS) providers in continuing education today, that can mostly be classified as either Off-the-shelf or Custom.
Off-the-shelf software is a package of functionality to help you run 95% of your business right out of the box. You enter your content, and away you go (with proper training of course)! It’s usually a very cost-effective solution and is quick to implement. It should also accommodate most self-customization by your team, or a few more complex changes by the manufacturers’ technicians.
• Easy to train and quick to implement
• Budget friendly and always up-to-date
• Flexible, scalable, reliable & pre-tested
• Typically designed for the 95% use case
• Custom is quick, but at an additional cost
Custom software is typically designed from the ground up and for the exact use cases you dictate. It is usually much more expensive and usually takes way longer to “go live”, but when you have a larger budget, and many departments with specific operating procedures – it may suit your working environment.
Both have their pros and cons and based on your business practices and budget that is how you’ll make your decision. Doing your due diligence before changing software providers will make this process less painful and time consuming.
• You determine your business needs
• Specific integrations and add-ons
• Upgrades can be done on your schedule
• You must test, it takes time to build & “go live”
• Big budget to build, maintain, and upgrade
• Can require dedicated IT Staff at your site
At the end of the day, you must decide on what is the best for your departments’ needs. Enrole was created to meet 95% of your business needs straight “out of the box”. Our technical team works with clients right up to going live to ensure they understand your business practices. We always recommend clients become familiar with how our software is designed to work prior to requesting any customizations.
If you would like to learn more about Enrole, visit us at www.entrinsik.com/enrole.