Alleviating Pain Points and Added Benefits at University of Richmond’s SPCS
Pain points associated with the School’s registration system for non-credit classes.
A conversation with Daniel Hocutt, CE Web Manager, University of Richmond’s School of Professional and Continuing Studies (SPCS)
The University of Richmond’s School of Professional and Continuing Studies (SPCS) has approximately 15 staff using the Enrole software that serves over 5,000 people throughout the year. Within SPCS, they offer a wide variety of courses including: Non-credit, OSHER Lifelong Learning, and classes for UR staff and dependents using Tuition Reimbursement credits. While they had a registration system for their non-credit classes, the OSHER classes were managed with manual spreadsheets. Their biggest pain points included:
- Tuition reimbursement registration and real-time reporting on balances
- Duplication of effort on website with their existing registration system
- Manual registration of OSHER classes & memberships into Banner
When UR began their software search, they made sure to address their pain point requirements first. The complexity of their tuition reimbursement would be critical to their selection of a new software system. Before and during the implementation stage, Enrole Sales & Customer Support staff met with UR staff multiple times to discuss business SOPs and customizations needed prior to “go live” and to ensure all their needs were met.
Hocutt said, “Having lots of customizations does make implementation a longer process. It’s also challenging to accept switching [registration] software. Because the departments were so varied in needs, a phased roll out was agreed upon to ensure all ducks were in a row.”
After several registration cycles that revealed hiccups related to customizations, implementation has been successful. Since they have been using the system for a while, they have a greater understanding of the abilities of the system.
- Tuition reimbursement registration has been opened to employees to register themselves and family members. SPCS staff can also report on those registrations and benefits easily.
- The non-credit courses are 75% online self-enrollment by their customers, and they are no longer hard coding courses on their website.
- Tuition remission benefits and registrations can be viewed by family members from a drop-down list within the order history on the shopping cart.
- OSHER’s real-time online registrations went from 0% to 83% and continue to grow, with the latest opening day count at over 4,500 registrations!
Aside from addressing their pain points, switching to Enrole has provided SPCS several benefits. These include:
- viewing real-time results in Informer;
- automating registration confirmations, invoices and evaluations;
- streamlining workflows;
- focusing more attention on customer service
Hocutt stated, “We would recommend Entrinsik because they have adapted to our business needs. And since no one does business the same way, potential customers should make sure Enrole is the right fit for their organization. Entrinsik’s commitment to developing future features is evident.”
An hour of your time can change the way your students look at your online registration site! Visit our website at www.entrinsik.com/enrole to learn more about Enrole and schedule a demo.